RT Societies and Associations in Canada
- British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT)
- Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists, Inc. (MARRT)
- New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists, Inc. (NBART)
- Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario (RTSO)
- Respiratory Therapy Student Federation - Fanshawe College
- Saskatchewan Association of Respiratory Therapists (SART)
- Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT)
Regulatory Bodies for RTs in Canada
- College and Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta (CARTA)
- College of Respiratory Therapists of 0ntario (CRTO)
- Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec (OPIQ)
- Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapist (NCSRT)
- Newfoundland and Labrador College of Respiratory Therapists (NLART)
- Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists, Inc
- Saskatchewan College of Respiratory Therapists (SCRT)
- New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists (NBART)
International Respiratory Therapy Organizations
Examining and Credentialing Bodies for RTs
Other Medical Associations
Like-minded Associations, Organizations
- The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) - The latest in Canadian health technology in a variety of areas
- Health Canada
- Canadian Health Network
- Canadian Home Care Association - Advocacy and information on a variety of Canadian home care issues
- Canadian Institute for Health Information - Canadian not-for-profit organization working to improve healthcare
- Canadian Public Health Association - Public health information through a not-for-profit organization
- Health Canada Centre for Chronic Prevention and Control Chronic Respiratory Disease
- HealthNet Canada - Searchable site in English and French.
- Healthy Ontario - Site of the 0ntario Government.
- Lung Health Network
- National Home Care and Primary Health Care Partnership Project - Canadian Site with many downloadable pdfs and information.
- Lung Drugs - Prescription Lung Drugs Search by name, brand or manufacturer.
- Advance for Respiratory Care
- Advance for Respiratory Care Manager
- Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy
- Clinical Pulmonary Medicine
- RT Solutions E-Zine
- Chest Magazine
- Respiratory Care Educational Consulting Services, Inc. (RCECS)
Nova Scotia Hospital Pages
Air Quality Health Index and Related Information
The Air Quality Health Index (AQHI) is easy to use. It relates outdoor air quality to health risk. The lower the number, the lower the risk. The higher the number, the greater the health risk.
- Air Quality Health Index and Related Information
- Environment Canada - Weather
- Air Quality Health Index in Nova Scotia
- UBC Outdoor Air Quality and Health and the AQHI
- NSCRT AQHI Final Report - In January 2011, in response to an invitation from the Nova Scotia Department of Environment (NSE), the NSCRT submitted a proposal to the NSE to inform our members of the Air Quality Health Index, encourage them to utilize this information tool in their practice, and to solicit their feedback on the AQHI tools currently available.
- 2013 AQHI Project report
The following is a list of groups that offer financial assistance for education and research. Please click on the individual organizations to obtain current information and application forms. As the regulatory body, the College does not provide members with funding for formal or continuing education or research.
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Research, Clinic and Transplant Grants - To support its mission to help people with cystic fibrosis, the Foundation funds research towards the goal of a cure or control for CF. It provides scientific grants and awards to researchers, fellows and students in over 15 universities, research institutes and host institutions across Canada.
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation - Offers funding for research and career development in applied health services through the following competitions: Grants, Training, Career Development, Awards. Through this competition, the foundation and its co-sponsors fund applied health services research that will be useful to the health system managers and/or policy makers in the text two to five years.
- Canadian Institute of Health Research - Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) supports research into causes, mechanisms, prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, support systems, and palliation for a wide range of conditions associated with the heart, lung, brain (stroke), blood, blood vessels, critical care and sleep.
- Canadian Intensive Care Foundation - The foundation has supported dozens of research group leaders throughout Canada in recent years; through project grant funding involving doctors, research institutes, hospitals and clinical centers. We are also committed to educational grant funding to support learning opportunities for all health disciplines in Canada’s ICUs.
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute - The Canadian Patient Safety Institute creates new conversations through papers and commissioned research. By increasing the scope and scale of patient safety research, CPSI is building capacity for quality research that will lead to significant health system improvements across the continuum of care.
- Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals - The Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals (CRHP) is the Lung Association's multidisciplinary allied health professional section. The CRHP welcomes nurses, respiratory therapists, cardio-pulmonary physiotherapists, pharmacists, and other allied health professional working in the respiratory field. The Canadian Lung Association offers grants and fellowship funding to members of the CRHP.
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada - The Heart and Stroke Foundation, is a leader in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
- Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation - Funding available for Health Research Project Grants, Collaborative Health Research Project Grants, Capacity Building Program: Development/Innovative Grants, and Community, Research Alliance Grants, Student Award.