Returning to Nova Scotia
Applicants who were previously registered with the NSCRT but surrendered their licence for a period of time will need to reapply for a practice licence with the NSCRT.
Steps to re-registration with the NSCRT
1) Applicants must first contact the Registrar to reactivate their member profile. Once the member profile has been reactivated, applicants must login using their previous member profile login information on the member login page of the NSCRT website. Do not complete another initial application form. If the applicant cannot recall login details, they must contact the Registrar. All fields on member profiles must be updated. Missing information will delay approval of the application. To contact the registrar please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 902-423-3229.
2) Criminal Background Check, including a Vulnerable Sector check: Must accompany all new applications and be uploaded to the online profile. The Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Check must be obtained within the past 4 months and performed by a local police agency, the RCMP, or private organizations such as CSI Screening or My Backcheck. Applicants who have a criminal record should upload a Declaration of Criminal Record to expedite the registration process.
3) Verification of identity must be submitted: A copy of applicants passport or birth certificate.
4) Registration Verification Form: Registration Verification: Applicants registered in another jurisdiction are required to complete the Registration/Licensure Verification Form from the province they are registered. Applicants will need to complete section A of the form, and ask the regulatory/licensing body to complete Section B and forward it to the NSCRT directly. If an applicant has been practising in an unregulated Canadian jurisdicition, they are required to obtain a letter of good character from their employer on official letterhead. (Registration Verification Form)
5) Submit the registration fee: Payments can be made via credit card, cheque, or certified money order.
Applications will be approved only after all required information has been received. Applicants should allow up to 2-4 weeks for application processing. Once registered, members are required to comply with the NSCRT E-Volve Continuing Competency Program and will be required to obtain professional liability insurance coverage of at least $2,000,000 once employed.