Respiratory Therapists have the responsibility for the initiation and management of mechanical ventilation (life support) and also act as an expert of advanced airway management in all areas of the institution. They deliver and manage the administration of oxygen and other compressed gasses, aerosolized medications and high humidity therapies. They also perform and interpret related pulmonary diagnostic testing. Respiratory Therapists act as part of the multidisciplinary health care team to help achieve physician goals for patients' cardiorespiratory status, and assess, plan, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of respiratory care and airway management for patients. There may be other Respiratory Therapy duties such as patient or staff education sessions.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Upcoming Graduate OR Graduate of a recognized School of Respiratory Therapy
- Must currently hold/maintain registration or eligible for with the Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today. Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there's a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you'll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out www.novascotia.com to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Advantages of working for us?
• Competitive compensation and incentives • Enrollment in the Provincial Pension Plan • Variety of available shifts • Continuous Clinical Education & Support • Opportunity for advancement within the organization
Req ID: 151274
Hours Of Work
- Various permanent, assignments (temporary), and casual relief (no guarantee of hours), opportunities available in various locations throughout Nova Scotia. Shifts may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• $28.65 - $39.27 Hourly • Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan. • Successful candidates may also be eligible for a signing bonus and relocation assistance for a return of service commitment.
Thank you for your interest in NSH. A Recruiter will reach out to you to explore whether your qualifications and skills match an opportunity. As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021. Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity, and is representative at all job levels of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify. If you have any questions or would like more information on our opportunities, programs and communities, please contact us! email@example.com
Closing DateMonday, 31 July 2023
How To Apply
Apply Online: https://jobs.nshealth.ca/job-invite/151274/